Jam-Sport can carry out all mechanical repairs from an engine blow to replacing the clutch.
Our services include:
- Full & Intermediate Servicing
- Pre-MOT and MOT failure repairs
- Cylinder head overhaul, engine replacement
- Gearbox replacement or overhaul
- Repair or replacement of water pumps, power steering pumps, fuel pumps
- Steering racks, steering ball joints
- Shock absorbers, suspension parts
- Brake discs, disc pads, brake pipes, brake hoses, brake cylinders
- Fire extinguishers
Race Car Prep/Set-up
Our pre-race check over will make sure your car is ready for gapping. As well as setting up the car it will be checked for all aspects of scrutineering compliance including: –
- Seat mounts and seat belts
- Fire extinguishers and pulls, lighting
- Mechanical ball joints, brackets and mountings
- Brake components, shock absorber settings
- Full set-up of all suspension angles, castor and camber, F&R tracking, corner weights.
Race Car Build
Jam-Sport can build a race car to any specification and compliant to a championships regulations.
A car build would include:
- Full strip from road car to bare shell
- Removing interior trim, seats, wiring, sound deadening pads
- Prep for roll-cage fitting
- Paintwork inside and out
- Seat mount fitting, design and manufacture of all specialist brackets
- Assembly of all panels and parts to construct finished race car including graphics
You can supply the donor vehicle or Jam-Sport will source one using their contacts. Cars can be built to any championship regulations. We specialise in the BRSCC Ford Fiesta championship.
Race Car Set-up
To maximise the potential of a race car, setting it up correctly is essential. Jam-Sport will work with the driver on this process. Typically the set-up on a new car would start with:
- Adjustment of wheelbase, castor, camber, corner weights, shock absorber settings and four wheel tracking in that order.
- The next step is to track test the car using a tyre temperature gauge to set the optimum tyre pressures and camber.
- The final stage is to adjust the shocks to suit individual drivers preference.